Prepare Your Portable Restrooms Trailer for Hurricane Matthew
As Hurricane Matthew barrels towards the U.S. coast, many portable restrooms trailer owners are securing their trailers and belongings. Below we have compiled a checklist for your convenience:
Emergency Restroom Trailer Prep Checklist
- Fill the fresh water tank with water—this will make the trailer heavier and more stable
- Fill the waste tank with water—this will make the trailer heavier and more stable
- Pull in the steps
- Disconnect all electric cords, wrap them up, and put them in the mechanics room
- Disconnect the garden hose
- Make sure all 4 corner anchor jacks are down and if possible also use a piece of 1” by 2” wood to avoid the unit driving down into the pavement or into the ground which could make the unit lean with the wind.
- Make sure in an alcove or the most secure area try not to have it under trees and as close to a building as possible or an alcove (something that would block the wind) Think of it as a gigantic sail.
- Lock all the doors including the mechanics room Make sure all wheels have been blocked significantly
- Make sure you have current insurance
- Hope for the best!
Portable Restroom Trailers, LLC has a dedicated Rapid Reponse Team available for emergencies. Please contact us at: 1+ (888) 998-4761 and Choose the Rapid Response Team Option