Winterize Your Portable Restroom Rentals Trailer
Portable Restroom Rentals Trailer offer convenience and high quality hygiene solutions for offsite events and locations where bathrooms and hand washing is not an option. To keep your portable restroom trailer running smoothly all year long, it’s important to take steps to prepare and protect your trailer during the winter. Follow these simple instructions to keep your trailer in optimal condition:
Protect Your Water Supply
- Wrap heat tape around a ¾” garden hose. Use duct tape to hold it in place, about every 12 inches.
- Put foam tube insulation around the hose and heat tape. Leave the plugs and power lights uncovered.
- Run duct tape down the insulation, leaving the connecting ends, plugs and power lights uncovered. If you cover them, you will not be able to connect the water or power. Leave test lights and power lights uncovered (for testing and to be sure the hose remains working).
Create a Box
- Place 2 1500-watt electric heaters under the unit. Be sure you have sufficient power!
- Build a 2x2 or 2x4 wood frame to fit underneath each side of the unit. This is going to box the bottom of the outside of the unit.
- Fill any gaps with insulation
- Cut ½” plywood to fit frame for each side. Be sure to consider stairs when cutting your wood. Stairs should be out and in place before measuring.
- Measure and cut out a 6”x6” square to cover the drain access. Attach this with hinges so you can access the drain when needed. This will protect drain valve from freezing.
- Eliminate gaps and holes on the tongue side of the unit with R-13 (or greater) insulation.
- Staple insulation inside the wood box
- Cut a piece of insulation in half and lay it on the ground where the box will be placed. This eliminates gaps between the wood and the ground.
After Plywood is Attached
- Fill any small gaps on the top and bottom of the box with insulation
- Staple bubble wrap around the outside of the wood unit. This closes of gaps and keeps cold air out and heat in.
- Use electrical tape to cover plug connections that will remain outside.
For Units Not in Use for the Winter
Eliminate the use of power and water until the unit is ready to be used again.
- Drain water from all the lines.
- Add nontoxic RV “Pink Water System” antifreeze
Follow these simple tips and your portable restroom rentals trailer will be in good working order all winter long and your guests happy and comfortable.